Transport Team Manager
£30,000 - £32,000
Our client, who is a retail distributor, is looking to source an ambitious Transport Team Manager. You will have the responsibility of managing your team in order to ensure customer service levels are met, quality controls are in place and key business objectives are achieved. You will also provide leadership and development for your team. Other detailed duties include:
- Train, develop and retain a competent and collaborative workforce.
- Monitor team performance, providing regular feedback and coaching.
- Plan equipment, resources, transport routes and priorities, ensuring all tasks are covered in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the drivers, encouraging clear, open and concise communication.
- Driver management
- Ensure service levels to customers are monitored and take action to improve service quality.
- Communicate and network effectively at all levels with customers, team, managers and other operating centres.
- Maintain efficient, up to date and organised office systems.
- Ensure full legal compliance with operating license, tachograph and drivers hours regulations.
- Ensure all key performance indicators, operational and financial targets are achieved.
Skills & Experience
You will be an ambitious Transport professional and have a good understanding of FMCG distribution. You will have excellent people, communication, influencing, and numeracy skills. You will be comfortable using/managing modern route planning systems. Experience of KPI's, budget management, Transport Legislation and a CPC is highly desirable.
Our client is a market leading retail distributor.
£30,000 - £32,000 + benefits
Cast UK who is a leading independent consultancy business, which specialises in Management and Executive Procurement, Supply Chain, & Logistics recruitment, is advertising this vacancy. For more information on Cast UK, please visit our website at www.castuk.com