UK Operations Manager
£45,000 - £50,000
Our client, who is one of the world's largest combined airline service providers, is looking to expand its established team based in Windsor. The operations manager will ultimately take responsibility for all aspects of UK operations on a day to day basis. The ideal candidate will come from an established medium sized business and will bring a wealth of experience in managing third party sub contact services. The role will be office based and will require the individual to manage all outsourced activities our multiple partners.
- Work closely with the Operations Director to agree, implement and take the lead in ensuring an approved vision, strategy and roadmap for customer services and supply chain aligned with the business growth strategy.
- Take the lead in resolving key operational issues and ensuring the Operations Team not only deliver what is required but aim to deliver above customer expectations.
- To lead and manage the Operations department, driving forward a customer focused culture, ensuring all incoming telephone calls/ e-mails / orders are dealt with professionally and appropriately.
- Management of the UK and European outsourced third party activity via regular reviews and agreed SLA's.
- Lead the Operations Team to focus on the short, medium and long term objectives of the business and ensure that current processes, structure and skill sets match En Route's business objectives.
- Co-ordinating and controlling the order cycle and associated Navision system.
- Drive and facilitate activities that improve co-ordination and communication within operations and other departments to resolve issues and remove barriers that prevent or delay sales
- Pro-actively manage and lead processes for continuous improvement, and monitor their results in service quality leading to enhanced customer experience
- Management of suppliers - ensuring regular communication and resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Manage communication on a weekly basis to the Executive team / organisation.
- Develop and produce KPI reports for all areas - Supply Chain, Distribution and Customer Service.
- Oversee Management of customer complaints procedure and escalation process.
- To ensure a high standard of conduct and leadership by being a role model and setting the example for others to follow. To be flexible, with a can do attitude, towards all aspects of the role
- To undertake any other duties, which may from time to time be assigned. This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive but it is issued as a general framework at the time of writing
Skills & Experience
- At least 5yrs experience within senior operational management positions preferably in a B2B fast-paced environment (food background would be beneficial as would multi temperature exposure)
- Educated to a high level
- Problem solver that can work on a number of tasks at the same time
- Highly organised and able to plan and execute effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative, results oriented with a positive "can do" attitude
- Proven commercial success, leadership and ability to play an integral part in a business's growth
- Able to identify risk areas and proactively implement contingency programmes
- Highly numerate with strong business acumen and commercial knowledge
- Dedicated and passionate about succeeding in your role
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint etc.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Able to solve problems under pressure, present multiple solutions and take complex decisions under pressure
Our client is a leading Airline Service Provider.
£45,000 - £50,000
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com