Warehouse Manager Nights
The Warehouse Manager on the night shift has sole responsbility of the shift and will lead the operations team across goods in and goods out to ensure key performance indicators are met. You will need to be able to keep up in a fast paced environment and be able to react to external changes in demand. You will also be responsible for culture change and succession planning.
Night shift generally operates from 21:30 to 6:30 and will be Sunday to Thursday.
- Taking ultimate responsibility for performance of warehouse operations on the shift, leading all key functions.
- Driving the employee engagement agenda, and creating a strong team culture across the warehouse operation.
- Seeking out and recommending improvement opportunities within the operation.
- Manage warehouse staff team, organising rotas and shift resource as required.
- Ensure that departmental and individual productivity targets are achieved implementing new initiatives as required.
- Deliver outstanding service levels to customers whilst driving and sustaining a Health and Safety culture across the shift.
- Manage the warehouse process from goods in to goods out, ensuring a smooth operation.
Skills and experience
To be successful you will have in-depth knowledge of the logistics industry, strong financial acumen and high energy levels. You will have previously managed large warehouse teams within a fast paced operation and will have a hunger for exceeding customer expectations.
- 5 years warehouse management experience, preferably within FMCG.
- Able to plan large scale warehouse activity, stepping up operations/resource during peak trading.
- Proven track record in delivering against demanding financial and non-financial targets.
- Calmness under pressure, making sensible management decisions using own initiative.
- Strong management skills and a good communicator and natural leadership qualities.
Our client is a leading retail organisation with a demanding client base.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visi