Warehouse Operations Manager
North West - Lancashire
£40,000 - £45,000
Cast UK are currently recruiting a Warehouse Operations Manager for our prestigious client based at their Distribution Centre in Lancashire. Reporting into the Regional Distribution Manager, you will be responsible for the shift on inbound deliveries; sorting of deliveries; outbound operations.
As Warehouse Operations Manager, you will lead a team of First Line Managers to deliver a high standard of productivity in the warehouse through their warehouse operatives to ensure a smooth operation allowing us to deliver the correct products for our customer on time and in full. Through compliance with food safety standards and company policies and procedures the team will achieve a proactive and dynamic approach to exceeding our service level agreements. Manage and monitor both directly and through the team the work of the transport and warehouse teams to ensure delivery of a professional and customer focussed service to customers to agreed standards and within budget.
- Plan, implement, manage and control all areas of the site warehouse operations and costs with maximum efficiency to ensure it exceeds customer expectations.
- Set, agree and manage objectives and KPI's with Warehouse First Line Managers to achieve a 'best in class' operation.
- Support in the devising and execution of the vision for the site by working closely with the site senior team, and ensure it is aligned with the client's strategy.
- Manage all assets and activities within the scope of the warehouse operation through clearly communicated processes and KPI's to achieve contractual requirements to meet customer's needs.
- Measure and review warehouse performance against company and customer KPI's and implement appropriate actions to seek continuous improvement.
- Create, through effective leadership and clearly defined processes, an operationally robust programme for building 'world class' health and safety standards, including Food Hygiene and HSE requirements.
- Create, lead and manage a culture that is focused on maintaining and continuously improving a 'world class' Health and Safety
- Plan, measure and deliver operational budgets for the client.
- Plan, measure and deliver P&L requirements
- Council, coach and encourage staff and engender a culture of empowerment
Skills and Experience:
- Managing in a multi-temperature environment
- Strong background in Food Service Logistics
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Managing in a unionised environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to use initiative, organise own workload.
- Team Worker
- Ability to lead and motivate a team across shifts
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visitwww.castuk.com