Warehouse Shift Manager
North West - Lancashire
£27,000 - 30,000 + Benefits
Responsible for ensuring the department supports the achievement of the operational targets for the site as a whole through the effective management of direct reports; accountable for maintaining best standards and Health and Safety practices and promoting a supportive working environment. To ensure a consistent, smooth and efficient Warehouse operation whilst achieving agreed service levels.
- To effectively manage the performance of Warehouse operatives to ensure all targets, KPIs and service delivery levels are achieved to the required standard, through training and coaching.
- To promote a customer focused culture within the workforce and encourage service improvements and identification of opportunities to improve.
- Provide an environment that encourages training and development for all employees
- To recruit, train, retain and motivate staff to achieve/exceed KPI's.
- Create and maintain an innovative environment that encourages employee participation through continuous improvement, raising quality and effective team working, sharing best practice where possible.
- Continually review Performance of staff/operation so that methods, procedures and efficiency can be improved.
- Ensure all staff receive full induction training and agreed reviews during probationary period by liaising with practical trainers
- To communicate and liaise with, and escalate issues to fellow managers where necessary
- Monitor sickness & absence levels and complete return to work interviews
- Ensure the hygiene of the warehouse and staff is of an acceptable standard.
- Responsible for H&S issues within the area
- Attend ant relevant training
- Responsible for quality assurance, safety and food hygiene for your area
- In addition to these duties, you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business, where appropriate training provided
- Comply with NSF standards
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- First class, logistics management experience in a fast moving, multi temperature environment
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Leadership skills that will inspire and motivate the team
- Exposure to operating in a commercial environment with proven ability to deliver great customer service
- Proven problem solving skills
- Proven basic literacy and numeracy skills at GCSE or equivalent level
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
- Basic employment law
- PC skills (to include Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Ability to influence peers and senior managers
My client is a National leading 3PL distribution company who strongly believe in looking after its staff, evidenced in that it invests heavily in staff training and that the majority of the management team have been promoted internally from more junior positions. When my client recruits they want individuals who want to progress within the business.
This vacancy is currently live and if you would like to be considered, please apply now and your CV is forwarded directly to me at Cast UK.
Circa £30,000 + Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visitwww.castuk.com