Interim Warehouse Shift Manager- Immediate Start
Our client, who is a leading Logistics provider, has an immediate requirement for an Interim Warehouse Shift Manager. Reporting to the Warehouse Operations Manager the successful candidate will manage Warehouse Performance ensuring KPI's are met and that the shift runs effectively. There is a genuine desire for the role to go permanent in the New Year. You will work on a rotating 6-2, 2-10 shift basis any 5 from 7.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day to day leadership of a team of operatives.
- Flexing/reallocating resources/activity based upon analysis of real time information to ensure that the shift completes all agreed tasks on time and in excess of minimum key performance indicators and quality standards.
- Ensure all Health and Safety obligations are met providing a legal and safe working environment for all employees that consistently exceed quality standards required.
- Control shift costs in line with budgets and propose initiatives that will support cost reductions..
- Ensure all union facing issues are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage grievances, return to works and disciplinaries
- Effective use of SAP WMS.
- Previous Experience of operating at a Managerial level
- Experience of managing in a unionised environment.
- Experience of working on and supporting projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Fully computer literate in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in using SAP Warehouse Management System
- Customer focused with strong customer service ethos.
- Self motivated with tenacity to be able to perform under pressure and deadlines to meet KPI's.
- Ability to use own initiative and be part of a team as well as lead a team.
- Organised and planned approach to work.
- Analytical/Attention to detail
Skills & Experience
You will be an experienced Warehouse professional. You must have vast experience with the management of strict policy processes and excellent man-management skills. You must have experience operating in a unionised environment.
My client is a leading Logistics company. There is a genuine desire for the role to go permanent in the New Year.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com