1 month ago
An exciting opportunity, with significant headroom for growth. We are looking for a Buyer who will continue to drive our market share and who will work with the procurement team to deliver an exciting own-label offering that constantly delights and engages our customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a business with ambitious growth plans and be involved in defining both the category and supplier strategy to deliver this.
- Drive sales and profit in line with operating plan budgets
- Drive market share performance
- Lead category buying team in delivery of commercial objectives
- Lead relationship with suppliers through effective commercial management
- Prepare and agree category plan with Management Team through analysis of customer insight, sales and trends
- Set effective range strategies to optimise selling format and product choice, understanding space requirements
- Set clear range and price architecture
- Ensure commercial strategy is in line with the business' key values and compliant to legal requirements
- Set effective promotional and marketing plan in line with Food Group plan
- Deliver targeted % of newness
- Drive efficiency improvements with supply base and deliver cost out
- Compliance with the financial control process for Supplier contributions
- Good team player and also able to act autonomously once directed.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding across IT sub-categories.
- Ability to compute complex data and information effectively and present the outputs clearly.
- Commercially aware.
- Ability to operate effectively in a global organisation.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Sound understanding of project management principles and capacity to manage project milestones, timelines, resources, and costs.
- Sound logical, analytical, and quantitative skills.
Our client is a quick commerce food retailer.
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants can place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?