I have found that the level of service and professionalism is exceptional. For me, one of the most important aspects of any relationship is ongoing communication and ensuring that I am kept up to speed with a process and how this is progressing and this is certainly an element of the service provided that I feel is a strength of Cast.
The public sector is by far the biggest employer in the UK, covering around 21% of the UK workforce. Local government makes up just under half of the public sector, with nearly 3 million people involved in 433 UK local authorities. We are on the CCS Permanent Recruitment 2 RM6992 - Lot 2 – Non-Clinical General Recruitment supplier list allowing us to recruit for UK government organisations.
- Around 5.7 million people work in the public sector across the UK.
- The public sector procurement process spans a life cycle from identification of the need, through the selection of suppliers, to post-contract award management and disposal.
- Acting collaboratively is an important driver for VFM, and is particularly relevant in areas of common spend like commodity goods and services.
- A business case should justify the procurement activity and expenditure, and assess the issue of VFM, looking at objectives, benefits, strategic fit, deliverability, affordability, options and suitable commercial approaches.
- While commercial drivers are key, there is demand for innovation and collaboration when it comes to procuring public services and passing on value through the supply chain.
Despite economic challenges, the public sector remains one of the major employers in the UK. The management of an efficient, commercially viable, innovative procurement and supply chain infrastructure is key to ensuring the sector remains economically competitive.
- We are on the CCS Permanent Recruitment 2 RM6992 - Lot 2 – Non-Clinical General Recruitment supplier list, recruiting managerial and professional level procurement and supply chain roles in the public sector. Read our RM6992 Prospectus here.
- In addition to technical ability, skills such as leadership, innovation and commercial understanding are highly valued.
- The sector offers plenty of scope for career progression, with the opportunity of working on high-value, complex projects.
Latest vacancies in this sectorLatest
Senior Project Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £60000.00 per annum Benefits
Senior Project Manager Public Sector Birmingham - £60,000 Benefits 18 Month Fixed Term Contract Our client is a leading public sector organisation based in Birmingham and they are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Project Manage...
Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum Benefits
Job Title: Procurement Manager (Public/Private Sectors) Location: Birmingham / Hybrid working Salary: £45,000 Benefits 18 month Fixed Term Contract Job Description: Cast UK are currently recruiting for an experienced Procurement Manager to join a le...
Procurement and Compliance Officer
Up to £35000 per annum Benefits
Finance Officer, Nottingham, £35,000 per Annum. Benefits Do you want the opportunity for truly flexible working? My client is looking for a brilliant Finance Office who has experience in the public sector to join their team and in return they can offer ...
Coventry, West Midlands
£40000 - £48000 per annum per annum
With a great culture, opportunities to get involved across divisions, direct/indirect procurement and manage projects within the Public Sector, this Procurement Manager job opportunity is superb for anyone looking to gain great experience and develop! Pro...
See what our clients have to say…
HR Business Partner at JD Sports
Cast UK recently completed a large recruitment assignment on our behalf, recruiting all required employees at every level from Operations Manager through to drivers for a newly constructed site in Harlow. They fulfilled all of the project’s requirements within a very tight timescale to a very high standard.
Their knowledge of our business & culture alongside their sector specialist expertise make it a pleasure to work with Cast UK
Head of HR, Bunzl Catering Services
Cast UK take real time to get to know us as a business and really get under the skin of what the role is, what we’re looking for, the culture fit of the business and make sure that they are really trying to find us the absolute best people. We can always rely on Cast to give us some advice in terms of who’s on the market at the moment and what they are looking for from us as an employer
We’ve got a really great relationship with Cast UK and one that we hope will flourish over the years.
HR Manager at Ella's Kitchen
Abbey recognises that the increased demand for excellent logistics candidates in the UK means we need to work hard to attract the best talent in the industry to maintain a top level of service for our Blue Chip clientele. We are confident that Cast UK can provide us with candidates that have the right knowledge and experience to allow us to continue our expansion going forward.
Managing Director at Abbey Logistics Group
Cast UK spent considerable time making sure they understood our business and the role thoroughly, touring our warehouse and investigating exactly what was required. They worked in partnership with us to ensure that our business and culture were matched incredibly well with the best candidates, we were very impressed.
Cast UK’s depth of knowledge regarding our sector and the role’s requirements were second to none.
Finance & Operations Director at Widdop, Bingham & Co ltd.
Thinking of placing a position?
If you are an employer and want to know more about our specialist recruitment services, please get in touch today.
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?