Manufacturing Sector Overview
UK manufacturers continue to look forward with confidence, on the back of on-going investment in machinery, automation, IT and training and development. It is an evolving sector, shaped by global markets, cohesive supply chains and the acceleration of disruptive technology.
- Key drivers for investment are improving productivity, innovation and product development.
- A major challenge for the sector is bridging skills gaps and ensuring a continuous pathway into industry from secondary and higher education.
- Technological revolutions such as 3D printing could massively shake up the sector.
- We exist in an age of advanced experimentation with operating models, which is a response to on-going globalisation and the need for “anytime, anywhere” services.
- The coming years will bring a period of dramatic transformation due to advanced technology, big data and analytics.
Manufacturing Sector Details
The sector offers a wealth of opportunities, particularly for management level professionals who are conversant with technology and open to embracing new ways of working.
- We recruit a wide range of roles in manufacturing, from procurement and purchasing to logistics and supply chain.
- Resourcing models are changing in the sector, with increasing uptake of interim and contract management roles to manage cyclical work patterns or oversee transformational projects.
- Leaders in manufacturing are encouraged to embrace new ways of working, explore emerging operational models and focus on IT developments that will shape the future of the industry.
Latest vacancies in this sector
Interim SAP Purchasing Implementation Specialist
Role Title Interim SAP Purchasing Implementation Specialist £400-£500 per day 12 Month contract Stafford, StaffordshireOur client, a global manufacturer based in the Staffordshire area, is looking to appoint a SAP Purchasing Specialist to support their Gl…
See what our clients have to say…
I have found that the level of service and professionalism is exceptional. For me, one of the most important aspects of any relationship is ongoing communication and ensuring that I am kept up to speed with a process and how this is progressing and this is certainly an element of the service provided that I feel is a strength of Cast.
HR Business Partner at JD Sports
Cast UK recently completed a large recruitment assignment on our behalf, recruiting all required employees at every level from Operations Manager through to drivers for a newly constructed site in Harlow. They fulfilled all of the project’s requirements within a very tight timescale to a very high standard.
Their knowledge of our business & culture alongside their sector specialist expertise make it a pleasure to work with Cast UK
Head of HR, Bunzl Catering Services
Cast UK take real time to get to know us as a business and really get under the skin of what the role is, what we’re looking for, the culture fit of the business and make sure that they are really trying to find us the absolute best people. We can always rely on Cast to give us some advice in terms of who’s on the market at the moment and what they are looking for from us as an employer
We’ve got a really great relationship with Cast UK and one that we hope will flourish over the years.
HR Manager at Ella's Kitchen
Abbey recognises that the increased demand for excellent logistics candidates in the UK means we need to work hard to attract the best talent in the industry to maintain a top level of service for our Blue Chip clientele. We are confident that Cast UK can provide us with candidates that have the right knowledge and experience to allow us to continue our expansion going forward.
Managing Director at Abbey Logistics Group
Cast UK spent considerable time making sure they understood our business and the role thoroughly, touring our warehouse and investigating exactly what was required. They worked in partnership with us to ensure that our business and culture were matched incredibly well with the best candidates, we were very impressed.
Cast UK’s depth of knowledge regarding our sector and the role’s requirements were second to none.
Finance & Operations Director at Widdop, Bingham & Co ltd.
Looking to advance your career?
If you’re looking to make your next career move in these specialisms, drop us a line and we can start matching your experience with some fantastic roles.Register with us
Thinking of placing a position?
If you are an employer and want to know more about our specialist recruitment services, please get in touch today.Discuss your options