Logistics Sector Overview
Freight logistics companies either manage their own distribution system (own account operators), or manage it on behalf of another as ‘third-party logistics’ (3PL) or ‘hauliers’. More than 60% of UK freight is carried as 3PL.
- Investment in the UK's railway and airport infrastructure will almost double over the decade to 2025, according to a report published in October 2015 by PwC and Oxford Economics.
- The good news for logistics is that oil prices are now predicted to remain low for some time, reducing the impact of UK fuel duty which remains the highest in the EU.
- Our transport network needs to be resilient, to withstand the shockwaves generated by the natural world and the global economic market.
- Logistics must deliver more frequently and within more restricted time windows as customers subscribe to an ‘anytime, anywhere’ philosophy.
- Significant investment is required to ensure a robust infrastructure that will deliver the strategy for growth and boost global exports.
Logistics Sector Details
Transport and logistics plays a critical role in the UK economy. There remains a high demand for skilled and experienced workers, with opportunities to work globally within this sector.
- We recruit a broad spectrum of managerial roles in logistics, from procurement to warehouse, distribution and supply chain management.
- The sector currently has an ageing workforce; in 2013 just 15% of employees were under 30.
- Skills that are in demand include strategic management, customer service and advanced IT capabilities.
Latest vacancies in this sector
Driver - 3.5T - 3 or 4 DAY WORKING WEEK!! NO WEEKENDS!
Delivery Driver - 3.5T VehicleSoutham£21,790 - 3 or 4 DAY WORKING WEEK!! NO WEEKENDS! Role Profile Our client offers a fantastic culture and work-life balance. They are offering a 36 hour permanent contract over 3 or 4 days, not including weekends or late…
Warehouse Operative - 4 Day Week - No Weekends!
Warehouse OperativeSoutham£21,790 - 4 DAY WORKING WEEK!! NO WEEKENDS! Role ProfileWe are seeking a Warehouse Operatives to join our team in Southam. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of our warehous…
See what our clients have to say…
I have found that the level of service and professionalism is exceptional. For me, one of the most important aspects of any relationship is ongoing communication and ensuring that I am kept up to speed with a process and how this is progressing and this is certainly an element of the service provided that I feel is a strength of Cast.
HR Business Partner at JD Sports
Cast UK recently completed a large recruitment assignment on our behalf, recruiting all required employees at every level from Operations Manager through to drivers for a newly constructed site in Harlow. They fulfilled all of the project’s requirements within a very tight timescale to a very high standard.
Their knowledge of our business & culture alongside their sector specialist expertise make it a pleasure to work with Cast UK
Head of HR, Bunzl Catering Services
Cast UK take real time to get to know us as a business and really get under the skin of what the role is, what we’re looking for, the culture fit of the business and make sure that they are really trying to find us the absolute best people. We can always rely on Cast to give us some advice in terms of who’s on the market at the moment and what they are looking for from us as an employer
We’ve got a really great relationship with Cast UK and one that we hope will flourish over the years.
HR Manager at Ella's Kitchen
Abbey recognises that the increased demand for excellent logistics candidates in the UK means we need to work hard to attract the best talent in the industry to maintain a top level of service for our Blue Chip clientele. We are confident that Cast UK can provide us with candidates that have the right knowledge and experience to allow us to continue our expansion going forward.
Managing Director at Abbey Logistics Group
Cast UK spent considerable time making sure they understood our business and the role thoroughly, touring our warehouse and investigating exactly what was required. They worked in partnership with us to ensure that our business and culture were matched incredibly well with the best candidates, we were very impressed.
Cast UK’s depth of knowledge regarding our sector and the role’s requirements were second to none.
Finance & Operations Director at Widdop, Bingham & Co ltd.
We have been working with Cast UK for 6 months, using Cast Talent. I have been telling everyone I meet/work with how pleased we are with the services that Cast UK provide. I would like to compliment Cast UK on both the service packages on offer and specifically the on the quality of the team they employ.
I am one very satisfied customer.
Looking to advance your career?
If you’re looking to make your next career move in these specialisms, drop us a line and we can start matching your experience with some fantastic roles.Register with us
Thinking of placing a position?
If you are an employer and want to know more about our specialist recruitment services, please get in touch today.Discuss your options