I have found that the level of service and professionalism is exceptional. For me, one of the most important aspects of any relationship is ongoing communication and ensuring that I am kept up to speed with a process and how this is progressing and this is certainly an element of the service provided that I feel is a strength of Cast.
In recent years, the industry has seen its fortunes transformed, with the UK becoming the fourth largest automotive producer in Europe and the 14th largest globally.
- The sector reports an average of £55bn in annual turnover.
- Shifts in consumer demand, regulatory requirements for safety and fuel economy, and the increased availability of data are key drivers in the sector.
- A major challenge for the sector is that the global automotive market is uneven, with productivity varying dramatically from nation to nation.
- The industry has received £6bn investment in the last two years.
- OEMs should prioritise R&D and engineering projects to focus on those offering best value and differentiation and to address new safety and environmental regulations in the most cost-effective way.
- Reacting strategically to trends and challenges will be an absolute priority for auto leaders moving forward.
Change is the dominant theme that dictates the future of the sector. Use of technology, economic challenges in the global market, compliance with regulation and big data are the headline issues faced by the industry.
- We recruit a wide range of roles in automotive, from procurement and purchasing to logistics and supply chain.
- There is a skills shortfall in R&D and innovation in the automotive sector, which is driving resourcing strategies.
- A combination of interim / contract and permanent recruitment models will be increasingly used as employers look for commercially and operationally-savvy ways to bridge skills gaps.
See what our clients have to say…
HR Business Partner at JD Sports
Cast UK recently completed a large recruitment assignment on our behalf, recruiting all required employees at every level from Operations Manager through to drivers for a newly constructed site in Harlow. They fulfilled all of the project’s requirements within a very tight timescale to a very high standard.
Their knowledge of our business & culture alongside their sector specialist expertise make it a pleasure to work with Cast UK
Head of HR, Bunzl Catering Services
Cast UK take real time to get to know us as a business and really get under the skin of what the role is, what we’re looking for, the culture fit of the business and make sure that they are really trying to find us the absolute best people. We can always rely on Cast to give us some advice in terms of who’s on the market at the moment and what they are looking for from us as an employer
We’ve got a really great relationship with Cast UK and one that we hope will flourish over the years.
HR Manager at Ella's Kitchen
Abbey recognises that the increased demand for excellent logistics candidates in the UK means we need to work hard to attract the best talent in the industry to maintain a top level of service for our Blue Chip clientele. We are confident that Cast UK can provide us with candidates that have the right knowledge and experience to allow us to continue our expansion going forward.
Managing Director at Abbey Logistics Group
Cast UK spent considerable time making sure they understood our business and the role thoroughly, touring our warehouse and investigating exactly what was required. They worked in partnership with us to ensure that our business and culture were matched incredibly well with the best candidates, we were very impressed.
Cast UK’s depth of knowledge regarding our sector and the role’s requirements were second to none.
Finance & Operations Director at Widdop, Bingham & Co ltd.
Thinking of placing a position?
If you are an employer and want to know more about our specialist recruitment services, please get in touch today.
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?