Customs and Compliance Director
Our business relies upon the time critical movement of goods from our European Gateways into the UK and onto Ireland for companies with a high consequence of failure of their freight not arriving. Our fast customs process is a significant competitive advantage which can be further enhanced. As the Customs and Compliance Director you will oversee complex supply chain projects and implement a new customs strategy whilst offering direction, support and advice on all international import / export requirements relating to their freight transiting and being delivered seamlessly, ensuring that we always remain compliant.
- Clear demarcations of where responsibilities and handovers exist between European Gateways and the UK/Ireland.
- Roles and job scorecards agreed and advertised.
- Positions in post.
- Designing and controlling the continuous auditing of processes and documentation as well as corresponding organizational, process and business.
- Monitoring of business development of relevant business units for the identification of compliance risks and the need for action.
- Implement an internal audit and reporting processes to secure continuous compliance with all customs regulatory requirements.
- Main point of contact with the relevant customs authorities.
- Advising the Import/Export Team and all adjacent business units as well as other groups within the network regarding customs and export control issues.
- Managing and maintaining control through all phases of freight lifecycle.
- Responsibility for filing customs entries through the appropriate system.
- Process control regarding screening of goods and submission of declarations.
- Submission of reports to HMRC - acting as a key liaison with HMRC to secure compliant operating procedures in line with UK government requirements.
- Operational and supplier engagement across Europe to ensure that best practice is adhered to using best in class systems.
- Cross-border and in-country management and appraisal of staff.
- Further developing training concepts for the Team.
- Remediation time per failed entry (hours/days).
- Clearances within agreed SLA.
- Clearances without manual intervention (%).
- System reconciliation (current) vs potential new partner mapping.
- Ownership for the reporting and transactional charging (import, export, screening, handling) between Operations and Finance.
- Have 5 years' experience in an Import, Export and Customs Compliance role with exposure to both Air and Road operations from a customer and/or carrier perspective.
- Fully conversant with import and export laws and regulation.
- An understanding and working knowledge of ITSF.
- Considerable experience working with HMRC & Border Force to include CHIEF and CDS.
- Demonstrable track record in managing teams across multiple sites and taking their people on a development journey.
- Ability to engage and interact with clients at all levels.
- A recent professional qualification in Customs Import/Export or International Trade and member of a recognised trade body.
Our client is a rapidly growing organisation based in Birmingham.
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants can place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Operations Key Account Manager
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum plus benefits
Help the Ukraine Response Effort with this amazing job! I'm working with a not-for-profit to find an Operational Key Account Manager to help the humanitarian effort for the Ukrainian crisis. If you have logistics and/or freight experience and are availabl...
Transport Shift Manager
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum Bonus
Transport Shift Manager Hemel Hempstead £33,000 - £35,000 Role Profile Based in Hemel Hempstead, Cast UK's client is looking to strengthen its senior management team with the recruitment of an experienced Transport Shift Manager. In this role, you will ...
Up to £31100.00 per annum
Transport Planner, Greater Manchester, £31,100 Benefits Are you looking for a new opportunity working for a well-established FMCG business? Are you looking to join a business that could help you learn new skills and really expand your knowledge? If so, ...
Trainee Shipping Coordinator
Stockport, Greater Manchester
£23000 - £25000 per annum Excellent Training and Benefits
Trainee / Graduate Shipping CoordinatorStockport£23,000 to £25,000 Have you ever wanted to pursue a career in Logistics, Import / Export or Shipping but haven't yet been able to gain the right experience? Are you looking for a trainee role which will ...
Head of Logistics
£70000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
Head of Logistics - Fashion London £70,000 - £85,000 Role Profile - Want to work in a fast paced, high growth environment? - Do you want to improve operational performance? - Do you want real autonomy to implement your own ideas? -...
Hub Manager - London
Pension and Private Healthcare
Role Title Hub Manager Location London Role Profile My client is an exciting Tech/Logistics company with ambitious plans to grow across the UK. If you have a background within a Logistics/Warehouse setting and want to work in a high-growth environment wi...
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum plus benefits
Who doesn't want to work for a business where the average length of service is 10 years?! I'm looking for an Export Coordinator with Airfreight experience to join a fantastic international business in a team with a brilliant culture. Export Coordinator ...
Logistics Coordinator (6 month contract)
£22500 - £24500 per annum
Logistics Coordinator (6 month FTC) Crewe £22,500 - £24,500 Role Profile Our client is a highly successful manufacturing business with a site based in Crewe. They are currently looking to appoint a Logistics Coordinator to support established Supply Ch...
Business Development Manager
£65000 - £75000 per annum Car allowance Bonus
Business Development Manager, South Yorkshire, £65,000 - £75,000 per Annum. Car Allowance Benefits WE NEED YOU! An experienced Sales Professional with knowledge and expertise of working in the renewables sector. WE NEED YOU! To jump in headfirst and p...
Coventry, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum Benefits
Engineering Manager (Distribution Centre) Coventry £45,000 - £55,000 Benefits Role Profile A market leading Logistics business is looking to employ a Logistics Engineering Manager to manage their workshop in Coventry. Responsibilities of the role inc...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?