1 month ago
Divisional IT Director
£Competitive Salary Benefits
Bunzl Catering Supplies, part of the Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division, is the leading distributor of disposables, packaging and hygiene solutions to the hospitality and catering sectors in the UK. Delivering to a variety of different customers in both the private and public sector from small independent cafe owners, local health trusts and schools to national hotel and restaurant chains.
We are currently recruiting for a Divisional IT Director based in Tamworth, who will be responsible for developing and implementing the IT strategy for the business. To oversee the use of technology and IT strategy within the division, including IT procurement, development, and implementation. Working closely with senior leadership teams, the central IT team, and external suppliers to assess the needs of the wider division.
- Team leadership of the 1st Line Support Team, ERP implementation team and IT project teams
- Managing the procurement, development, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of divisional IT systems.
- IT functions and the division. Attending IT steering meetings, building relationships via regular 121s and updating the senior leadership teams regularly on all ongoing projects or issues.
- Negotiating with suppliers of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support, and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service arrangements.
- Creating a budget for each project as well as managing the financial aspects of the divisional technological infrastructure.
- Formulating and implanting business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Coordinating IT activities to ensure availability of network services and data
- Identifying future challenges in the IT landscape and developing mitigation strategies
- Directing IT and ERP colleague recruitment and managing direct reports in the agreed organisational structure
- Identifying and recommending new technology solutions
- Review of current applications within the business for:
- Best practice, functionality gaps, underutilised functionality
- Available product upgrades, modules that would enhance or make our business more efficient
- Adherence to, and liaison with Group Audit, and IT Security Manager requirements and standards
- Third-party vendor, hardware and software relationships as appropriate
- Outlining a clear plan for ongoing end-user training
Skills & Experience
- Industry and domain knowledge relating to OpCo or Divisional operations
- Demonstrable knowledge of the operational ITIL Service Management framework
- Project Management qualification e.g. PRINCE2, PMI, etc.
- Experience of ERP implementation and maintenance
- Significant budgetary experience
- Experience in developing solutions based on best-of-breed products
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Marketing Manager - Germany
€65000.00 - €75000.00 per annum
Role Title Marketing Manager - Germany Location Berlin, Germany Role Profile My client is one of Europe's most exciting and fastest growing businesses in Europe, with ambitious plans to grow across Germany. The Marketing Manager will be an integral part ...
Business Development Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Business Development Manager Leeds £Competitive Bonus Car Role Profile Lockhart Catering Equipment specialise in supplying high calibre and unique products through their superior brands, providing customers with innovation, inspiration, and differen...
Assistant Accountant Isleworth Competitive Salary Excellent Benefits Role Profile Bunzl UK & Ireland supplies, through a number of specialist distribution businesses, a range of more than 100,000 products including food packaging, disposable supplies,...
Project Manager - NPD
Project Manager - NPD Crewe £ Competitive Salary Are you an experienced Project Manager with a background in Food or FMCG, looking for a great career move?! We are recruiting an exciting Project Manager position for a thriving business in th...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?