New Business Tender Manager
Theale or Tamworth
Lockhart Catering Equipment specialise in supplying high calibre and unique products through their exclusive brands, providing customers with innovation, inspiration, and differentiation. A trading division of Bunzl UK Ltd, Lockhart Catering Equipment are one of the UK's leading suppliers of quality catering equipment to the Hospitality sector. They are renowned for their excellent service, affordable innovation, and market leading prices, and enjoy long-standing relationships with the top restaurant, catering, and leisure establishments across the country.
As the exclusive recruitment partner for Lockhart Catering, Cast UK have been instructed to recruit a New business Tender Manager. The role will be office based in either their head office in Theale, or their National Distribution Centre in Tamworth.
This is an important new position for the business. You will be responsible for helping the sales team to achieve a high level of new business wins, by creating compelling proposal documents for targeted national and key regional prospect customers. You will fully research the customer/sector opportunity, understanding the customers "pains & gains", and create a compelling new business proposal document for submission. This will include creative copy writing relevant to the customer and the sector they operate within. You will project manage each new business proposal through an established internal process, working closely with all supporting departments.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- The creation, completion, and submission of new business tender proposal documentation, including requests for information, pre-qualification questionnaires, and the formal proposal documents.
- Creation and production of customer specific tender proposal presentations (PowerPoint) and, if successful, customer specific Welcome Packs.
- Fully understanding the customer Invitation to Tender (ITT), Request for Information (RFQ), and all other formal/informal customer information. Checking and challenging information provided by the customer, via the appropriate salesperson
- Researching the customer profile, their "pains and gains", utilizing all available resources, to fully understand the target customer
- Gain a thorough understanding of Lockhart's competition and thereby ensuring that proposal accentuates our key benefits
- Fully understand our company value proposition, and sector specific value proposition, so that these can be successfully communicated within the proposal document
- Providing customer and sector specific copy to be included within the proposal document
- Production, coordination and formatting of all Customer Questionnaires and Pricing Documents
- Coordinating the internal process, from "Kick-off" to "Sign-off" meeting, gaining appropriate levels of input from all supporting departments
- Successfully communicating every step of the internal process, providing suitable notice to all contributors
- Constantly liaising with all sales team members building a pipeline of new business tender activity
- Recording and reporting the quantity and quality of all tender submissions, utilizing internal and external feedback
- Recording and reporting new business conversion rates (resulting from tender submissions)
- Create and maintain a document library for ease of use in future tender processes
- Sharing lessons learnt, and market/customer knowledge with all internal stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication and presentation
- Time management and planning skills
- Strong Market insight for the account
- Will need to be an effective 'wordsmith' capable of producing engaging content
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Accounts Payable Clerk - Part Time 20-30 hours
Up to £24000.00 per annum
Accounts Payable Clerk - Part Time 20-30 hours Isleworth Competitive Salary Excellent Benefits Role Profile Bunzl UK & Ireland supplies, through a number of specialist distribution businesses, a range of more than 100,000 products including food packa...
Regional Account Manager
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Regional Account Manager Milton Keynes £Competitive Car Benefits Role Profile Lightning Packaging Supplies, a trading division of Bunzl Retail and Healthcare Supplies, are a packaging business who have built a strong reputation for service and reli...
Regional Account Manager
Regional Account Manager Hatfield £Competitive Car Benefits Role Profile Lightning Packaging Supplies, a trading division of Bunzl Retail and Healthcare Supplies, are a packaging business who have built a strong reputation for service and reliabili...
ERP Support Specialist
Birmingham, West Midlands
ERP Support Specialist Remote Competitive Salary Excellent Benefits Role Profile Cast UK are delighted to be recruiting an ERP Support Specialist for Bunzl UK & Ireland which is part of Bunzl PLC, a multinational distribution and outsourcing company h...
CAD Designer - Harlow
CAD Designer/Estimator Harlow £Competitive Excellent Benefits Role Profile As the exclusive recruitment partner for Bunzl Catering group, Cast UK have been instructed to recruit a CAD Designer for their AGGORA team based out of their operation in Harl...
Marketing Manager - Germany
€65000.00 - €75000.00 per annum
Role Title Marketing Manager - Germany Location Berlin, Germany Role Profile My client is one of Europe's most exciting and fastest growing businesses in Europe, with ambitious plans to grow across Germany. The Marketing Manager will be an integral part ...
Accountant Isleworth Competitive Salary Excellent Benefits Role Profile Bunzl UK & Ireland supplies, through a number of specialist distribution businesses, a range of more than 100,000 products including food packaging, disposable supplies, catering ...
Talent and Training Manager
Talent and Training Manager Home Based £Competitive Car Excellent Benefits Role Profile As the exclusive recruitment partner for Bunzl Catering group, Cast UK have been instructed to recruit a Talent and Training Manager for their AGGORA team. AGGOR...
Head of Insights & Innovation
Hertfordshire, Waltham Cross
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Head of Insights & Innovation - Waltham Cross, Herts Hybrid - 2 days at home Between £60,000 - £65,000 company car Role Profile An exciting opportunity for a Head of insights & innovation with data analytics experience. Our client is a leading supplier ...
Application Service Delivery Manager
Application Service Delivery Manager Epsom/Isleworth Competitive Salary Excellent Benefits Role Profile Cast UK are delighted to be recruiting an Application Service Delivery Manager for Bunzl UK & Ireland which is part of Bunzl PLC, a multinational d...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?