Our client is a 30-year-old established SME architectural lighting manufacturer, providing bespoke lighting for clients across the globe. They are currently looking to appoint a senior buyer/Procurement Manager to manage their global procurement.
This is a fast-paced role that is being implemented toa new contract win and will be on an initial 6-month contract. This role will be in office for the first six months with the potential for a hybrid working model.
Key responsibilities will include:
- obtaining product information, prices & lead times from both, new & existing suppliers;
- managing open orders book by chasing suppliers for confirmations, deliveries and updates;
- assisting in company profit maximizing by placing purchase orders, stock level control & monitoring & meeting departmental f KPI's;
- liaising with other stakeholders: sales team, warehouse team, assembly team & finance department in order to achieve on time delivery within project's budget;
- Other ad-hoc office administration duties such as filing, answering & distributing calls, etc.
- forecast levels of demand for products
- conduct research to source the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality with close co-operation with technical team;
- control costs, evaluate supplier's quotations & offers based on commercial and technical factors
- negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers and other members of the supply chain;
- manage and motivate a team of procurement staff
- stakeholders management - liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, internal teams such as supply chain, planning, marketing, IT and sales, and customers;
- develop strategies to make sure that cost savings and supplier performance targets are met - or exceeded
- undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements
- ensure the security and sustainability of sources of essential products and services
- develop and implement a procurement strategy
- analyse data and produce reports and statistics on spending/saving, supplier's performance & departmental KPI's
- ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives
- attend meetings and trade conferences
- keep up to date with trends and innovations, regulation and new technology that can impact on the business
- train junior members of staff.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- previous experience in procurement manager's or senior buyer's role within manufacturing/production environment;
- excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- negotiation skills in order to get the best price and value for money
- commercial and financial awareness as managing budgets and keeping costs down is a key part of the role
- strong analytical ability
- planning skills in order to control stock levels requirements;
- excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders;
- numeracy skills in order to analyse facts and figures
- the ability to lead and motivate a team
- the ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- strong project management skills
- the ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as to think strategically and laterally
- time management skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines
- capability and willingness of learning of basic level of technical product understanding;
- minimum of 3 years' experience in procurement role;
- knowledge of Sage 200 & excel desirable, but not essential;
- experience in procurement role within manufacturing environment;
- CIPS qualification or working towards.
Our client is a 30-year-old established SME architectural lighting manufacturer, providing bespoke lighting for clients across the globe.
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Purchasing, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Operations Key Account Manager
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum plus benefits
Help the Ukraine Response Effort with this amazing job! I'm working with a not-for-profit to find an Operational Key Account Manager to help the humanitarian effort for the Ukrainian crisis. If you have logistics and/or freight experience and are availabl...
Managing Director London £competitive salary & benefits Role Profile We are partnering one of the leading courier businesses in the UK offering 24/7, time, temperature and security critical distribution services in the search of an outstanding Managi...
Warehouse Manager (Mandarin Speaking)
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum Benefits
Warehouse & Project Manager Beckton £40,000 - £45,000 Benefits Cast have partnered with Tian Tian Market a East Asian & South East Asian Supermarket business based in Beckton, who are looking to strengthen its senior management team with the recruitment...
Franchise Development Associate - Germany
€35000.00 - €45000.00 per annum Excellent benefits
Franchise Development Associate - Germany €35,000 - €45,000 Benefits What's in it for you? Opportunity to join a team within one of the most exciting and fastest growing companies within Europe as it scales up across Germany and beyond! Bright people, c...
Credit Controller Enfield £Competitive Role Profile Cast UK are working in partnership with Tri-Star Packaging, the UK's leading food-to-go packaging supplier. Part of Bunzl PLC, who are a FTSE 100 business, the companies are seeing continued growth acr...
Transport Shift Manager
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum Bonus
Transport Shift Manager Hemel Hempstead £33,000 - £35,000 Role Profile Based in Hemel Hempstead, Cast UK's client is looking to strengthen its senior management team with the recruitment of an experienced Transport Shift Manager. In this role, you will ...
Key Accounts Manager
Oldham, Greater Manchester
£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
Account Manager, Trafford Park, Manchester, £20,000 - £25,000 Benefits Role Profile Cast UK is currently recruiting for an experienced Account Manager for a rapidly growing wholesale business. As an Account Manager you will be managing and growing key a...
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum Benefits
Facilities Manager, Stoke-On-Trent, £50,000 - £55,000 Benefits"Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together."As stated by James Cash Penney, and if these words resonate with you, look no further…I'm working with a brillian...
North West England
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Procurement Consultant North-West, with flexible / home working £50,000 - £55,000 Excellent Benefits Role Profile My North-West based client is looking to recruit a talented Procurement professional to undertake an exciting senior Procurement opportun...
Operations Manager - Nights
Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Warehouse Operations Manager - Night Shift Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire £50,000 - £55,000 Role Profile Cast UK are working exclusively with one of our exciting partners, who are a fast-paced, well-established organisation. Their contacts stretch across ...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?