Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
Birmingham - West Midlands
£58,000 - £68,000 DOE Benefits
Cast UK have been appointed to recruit to a Quality Assurance Manager for a public sector client who distribute medicines & pharmaceuticals. This is a key role within the business contributing to the success of the Logistics department. In this role you will support the Chief Pharmacist in ensuring the safe delivery of medicines across the network. You will also support both the Director and Deputy of Warehousing and Logistics to ensure that EU guidelines on Good Distribution Practice of Medicinal Products are adhered to.
- Responsible for interpreting, applying and adhering to relevant legislations for the warehouse.
- Advising and assisting on matters relating to Wholesale Dealers License.
- Assessing materials, medicines and products purchased to prevent the introduction of counterfeit products into the supply chain.
- Ensuring all suppliers and customers have the required statutory authorities to supply or purchase pharmaceuticals.
- To be responsible for the identification of service gaps and to produce action plans for consideration by the Deputy Head of Warehousing and Logistics.
- Coordinate and promptly perform any recall operations for medicinal products and medical devices.
- Ensure the appropriate oversight of any subcontracted activities which may impact on Good Distribution Practice (GDP).
- Keep the department up to date with all new and relevant information relating to changes from European Directives, DOH guidance/policy, and the General Pharmaceutical Council.
- Ensure that the required storage conditions are maintained and of sufficient capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of governance and procurement of medicines alongside warehousing/safe storage and inventory management of medicines.
- Procurement and Supply Chain management experience would be advantageous.
- Understanding of the categories of persons to whom products with pharmaceuticals may be distributed.
- Experience in managing Quality Management systems (QMS), Root cause analysis (RCA), and corrective and preventative actions (CAPA)
- Experience in managing risk assessments/health and safety.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively influence other professionals at both senior management/clinical level.
- Experience working within a pharmaceutical distribution environment.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in professional-level talent in Procurement, Supply Chain & Operations, Buying & Merchandising, Logistics & Transport, HR and Sales. Each member of our team has extensive experience in their recruiting sector, going the extra mile for clients and candidates alike. Wherever you are in the Supply Chain, we supply the talent. For a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com
You might also be interested in these…
Looking to advance your career?
If you’re looking to make your next career move in these specialisms, drop us a line and we can start matching your experience with some fantastic roles.Register with us