1 week ago
£27000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
£27,000 - £30,000 Benefits
Working shift pattern - Monday - Friday.
Birch Coppice, Tamworth
Bunzl Catering Supplies, part of the Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division, is the leading distributor of disposables, packaging and hygiene solutions to the hospitality and catering sectors in the UK. Delivering to a variety of different customers in both the private and public sector from small independent cafe owners, local health trusts and schools to national hotel and restaurant chains.
We are currently looking to recruit a Transport Supervisor into our impressive NDC operation. Due to continued company growth, this role will supervise up to 20 drivers and routes and act as the number two to the Transport Manager.
- Direct the activities of colleagues in relation to transport operations including dispatching, routing, and tracking
- Ensure that staff comply with policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations
- Coach, train and manage the performance of Drivers
- Continuously assess staff against identified performance criteria and address issues of performance and conduct within the branch and deal with these by applying Bunzl HR policies.
- Ensure all training requirements are met and regularly reviewed.
- Contribute to the planning, development and organisation of the transport department.
- Arranging vehicle maintenance and MOTs
- Organising vehicle replacements where necessary
- Ensure all vehicles and drivers conform to relevant health and safety and Road Traffic legislation
- Ensure route planning and vehicle loading is appropriate and suggest improvements where possible
- Ensure OTIF ( on time in full ) is met and that all deliveries are executed as per the customer requirements
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the profit improvement and change management plans
- Contribute to the preparation of management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes
- Manage fleet profile including numbers and types of vehicles, mileage and running costs in line with business requirements
- Ensuring all costs are kept accurate and up to date and able to provide justification for expenditure
Skills & Experience
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within the business
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and knowledge of warehouse systems
- Digital/Analogue Tachograph knowledge
Remuneration and Benefits
- £27,000 - £30,000
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays, with an option to buy up to 5 more days)
- Bunzl Share Save option
- Life Cover (3 times Gross Salary)
- Bunzl Personal Pension Plan (up to 5% contributed)
- Option to join Bunzl HSF Healthcare Plan
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Head of Transport
£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum plus benefits
Head of Transport Spalding £65,000 - £75,000 per annum Do you want to work for a market leading business? Do you want to work for a business that continually invests in its people and facilities? What about a business with ambitious plans to double its...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?