Sep 28, 2022
How we delivered for Getir
Getir are the pioneers of ultra-fast grocery delivery, offering a 10-minute delivery that works for everyone.
Established in 2016 and rolled out across Turkey, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy and France, with global expansion plans including the USA.
Backed by international investors, including US investors Sequoia and Tiger, they have raised $938M in investment funding in 2022 alone.
Initially working on contingent basis to secure talent at speed to enable operational targets in line with growth strategy across UK & Europe. This rapidly progressed to a retained resourcing CASTTalent solution as demand increased & Getir came to understand our talent capabilities.
Moved to a Cast Talent solution offering agile recruitment, increased free replacement periods and spread payments to support cost management
'Speed is our Currency’ pace is the most important part of the brief, as well as never compromising on quality
Initially Getir had no employees based outside of Turkey
Unknown brand coming into 9 new markets across Europe
Key talent needed to be in place ASAP
Enticing candidates to move from large established business into the high-risk start-up scenario
Understanding the intricacies of each European market, their different cultures/expectations and contract obligations (Notice Periods/non-compete clauses/contract details)
Our specialist knowledge of logistics operations and supply chain recruitment allows us to draw on our extensive experience of identifying the right talent pools to target at speed.
Working closely with Getir’s C-Suite team to build out a new division covering Europe.
- A partnership approach integrated with internal teams from Founder-level downwards
- Mapping out each targeted European market at speed
- Embedding with the founders to ensure a clear understanding of thevision and talent required
- Utilising cutting-edge technology in combination with hands-on search techniques – for example utilising BroadCAST Video capture messages to engage with talent pools
- Speed is key – for example in Germany it is key to manage notice periods as if a notice date a missed, candidates have to remain for another month.
- Always being proactive - often with more than one candidate offered per shortlist
- Highlighting people we know to be a good culture add
Our Solution & Benefits
- Dedicated consultants working as an extension of our client’s team
- Spread recruitment fees
- Longer free replacement periods
The first group of retained roles saw positions with a total value of £1 Million in salaries delivered in 11 weeks (100% of roles placed), followed by a second retained recruitment project equivalent to another £1 million worth of salaries delivered in 12 weeks.
Recruited key hires across Europe – highlights include;
- GM – Netherlands (Country MD)
- Head of Buying France & Germany
- Head of Operations France (Currently Head of Expansion and has been promoted twice)
- Head of Supply Chain Germany
- Regional Manager North UK
- Senior Buyer in Spain (Since promoted to Buying Manager)
All senior appointments have gone into each business unit as number one, in a new territory to set up a full function at speed.
The retained work we have delivered to date on behalf of Getir has led to another retained project with Movus, a separate business unit that handles Getir’s logistics operations.