Head of Logistics
Ref: BBBH: 514067
- Immediately Available
About the candidate
Both engaging and personable, with an analytical and strategic focus, this Head of Logistics has been a real asset to their current and previous employers but is now available due to a UK restructure. They have a fantastic record in building high-performing teams and developing processes to boost performance.
If your business is looking for someone who will provide a large ROI, developing your logistics offering, then get in touch to avoid missing out.
What makes them great?
- Very outgoing and personable, this person is someone others will buy into and they have strong demonstrable achievements to show this trust is warranted
- They have a really positive outlook, keen to drive improvements and increase performance - this is what they get out of bed for
- Cross-sector experience, they have experience in supporting growth and driving performance and efficiencies making them a great fit for any business looking for a driven, target/metric focused individual
Areas of expertise
- Responsibility for in-house transport fleet and all 3rd party logistics operations with £50m+ budgetary experience
- Developed an in-house planning system and oversaw implementation of a new TMS
- Bulk, Palletised and Liquid distribution experience through an in-house, 3PL and 4PL models
- £250K reduction in operating costs through implementation of cross dock operation
- TMS implementation led to a cost reduction of £1.41m, reducing mileage by 750,000 annually
- Implementation of KPI's across subcontractors leading to over 6% gains to OT deliveries
- Overall OTIF performance improved from 87% on commencement of role to over 95%