3 weeks ago
Business Development Manager
Car & Bonus
Business Development Manager - Northamptonshire
£Competitive Salary Bonus & Car
Our client provides innovative services by developing and applying optimized logistics solutions. We provide integrated logistics and information services based on our own platform and we provide SCM/Logistics consultancy to our customers. We offer entire logistics process management, including execution, consulting, and optimizing.
As a Business Development Manager, you are responsible for developing a UK logistics business by successfully creating a pipeline of prospects and through conversion of prospects, generate a Logistics business in the UK. In recent years our client has been gaining traction in Europe as a leading provider of Logistics services to customers outside of our main relationship with a sister company. The UK part of our organisation is now ready to leverage our position in the Global and European Logistics market and to create a UK Logistics business outside of our primary activity.
We are looking for someone eager to join us at this exciting time and to be instrumental in creating a logistics business in the UK. You will need an excellent understanding of the Contract Logistics market and operations, coupled with an entrepreneurial 'no fear' approach to securing new activity.
A good level of operational acumen is required as it is possible that initial business wins will need to be supported until they develop to be self-sustainable.
A high degree of travel within the UK will be required with this role.
- Create / generate leads from a standing start
- Prospect identification and lead qualification
- Develop and grow the new prospects / target sales funnel
- Bring an existing network to our organization, develop and maintain this network, utilize the network of peers to support activity
- Learn key USPs and become familiar with the Cello TMS/WMS solution
- Manage the opportunity and lead the process of compiling value propositions
- Coordinating role in tender management and solution design concepts
- Presenting operational flow solutions and commercial proposals to prospects
- Leading the technical and operational design of new business
- Coordinate the creation of commercial documents and agreements
- Degree educated in logistics, sales, or business-related activity, preferred
- Operational experience in Contract Logistics environment, 5 years minimum
- Experience in Business Development, Sales or Solutions design, 3 years minimum
- Project Management experience
- Strong cultural, communication and presentation skills
- Conceptual and analytical thinking
- Strong, well-maintained network within UK Warehouse and Transport industry
- Expertise/affinity with supply chain management, procurement, innovation, and development topics.
- Entrepreneurial approach and an ability to show own initiative to develop prospects
- Resilient to setback and disappointment when generating leads
- Hands on mentality, eager to take on challenge and to drive results
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Sales Manager - Logistics Systems
City of London, London
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Sales Manager - Logistics Systems £60,000 - £65,000 Bonus Remote Company Profile Our client provides innovative services by developing and applying optimized logistics solutions. A high growth environment, with a entrepreneurial mind set, they are loo...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?