1 month ago
Commercial Buyer - Swindon
Our client is a dynamic and bold international business looking for a commercial buyer to help diversify there supply chain. This dynamic role will pro-actively lead price negotiating and co-ordinate strategic purchases at the front end of the purchasing department. The Commercial Buyer is core to our mission to deliver best in class customer service and cost savings through smart inventory management and strategic purchasing decisions.
- Work alongside sales to dynamically negotiate supplier costs and enable more competitive pricing.
- Ensure orders to suppliers enable shipments to us on time and in full.
- Work with sales to establish accurate forecasting requirements for purchasing.
- Analyse and achieve pack size optimisation to establish a best in class responsiveness to our customers and cost savings.
- Analysis of data to ensure efficient stocking policies deliver commercial benefits.
- Analysis of reporting metrics to manage the external supply base.
- Point of contact on behalf of the purchase team for certain commodities.
- Support the introduction of new products from existing and new suppliers.
- Placing purchase orders to ensure the inventory is kept at optimum levels.
- Maintain supplier price agreements, communicating changes where appropriate.
- Ensure ERP data is kept updated and maintained to the highest standard.
- Develop and leverage lean principles and digital solutions to continuously improve process and system efficiencies.
- A tenacious approach to supplier negotiations
- Innovative, entrepreneurial and comfortable challenging the status-quo
- Commercially focussed and results orientated
- A passion for quality and bottom line improvement
- Data driven mindset demonstrated by strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Strong communication skills to strengthen supply chain relationships
- A team player capable of working on their own initiative
- Microsoft Software, such as Excel and Outlook.
- CIPS or similar qualifications preferred but not essential.
- A track record of consistently delivering on commercial targets.
- Comfortable with lean management tools and culture.
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?