2 months ago
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Up to £41000 per annum car allowance
The purpose of this role is to work closely with the Buying team to accurately forecast trends, plan
stock levels and continuously monitor performance to ensure maximum stock availability and sales
whilst keeping stock levels within company parameters.
- Be accountable for planning product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans for new launches and gift sets, in
- conjunction with the Buying team
- Liaise with the Buying team and agree budget spend, lines and quantities for all new launches
- Plan promotions with the Buying team and markdowns as necessary, ensuring you monitor and report on the
- effectiveness of promotions
- Ensure you forecast weekly sales and stock at house/line level using the planning system and manage the open to buy
- Be responsible for producing line sales and stock forecasts for key lines in a timely manner to support business
- availability targets
- Accountable for stores and ecommerce availability
- Plan budgets and present sales forecasts and figures for new launches
- Control stock levels within company parameters
- Manage the slow moving stock budget
- Accountable for ensuring the order quantities for continuity lines are accurate, providing sign off to the Assistant
- Merchandisers on a weekly basis
- Analyse every aspect of the best and worst sellers, ensuring that best sellers are fully potentialised whilst monitoring
- slow sellers and agreeing the appropriate action with the relevant Buyer to reduce prices or set promotions as
- Analyse the sales from previous seasons, and report on the current season lines in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide monthly sales reports to suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers to plan gift set intake in line with company budgets
- Work with warehouse and suppliers to improve Supplier Compliance in line with TPS Supplier guidelines
- Continually liaise with Buyers, suppliers, distributors, Branch Merchandisers and Logistics
- Proven ability to manage stock and sales budgets
- Competent in Excel and other MS office functions (Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Strong prioritisation, organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify accurate solutions in a timely manner
- A key eye for detail
- Strong numeracy and analysis skills
- Proven experience of having worked as a Merchandiser
- Previous experience of having worked in the retail industry
My client is a high-growth business based in High Wycombe
£41,000 Car allowance
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Head of E-Commerce
£70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
Head of Ecommerce - Fashion London £70,000 - £90,000 Role Profile Want to work in a fast paced, high growth environment? Do you want to improve operational performance? Do you want real autonomy to implement your own ideas? Are you an ambitious Ecommerce...
Rochdale, Greater Manchester
Up to £45000.00 per annum Benefits
Senior Merchandiser - £45,000 Benefits - Rochdale WE NEED YOU Who you'll be working for: My client is an established and growing company with both a retail and ecommerce presence. Reporting into the MD you will be responsible for a small Merchandising ...
Rochdale, Greater Manchester
£25000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
Junior Merchandiser - £25,000 - £27,000 - Rochdale WE NEED YOU Who you'll be working for: My client is an established and growing company with both a retail and ecommerce presence. Working as part of a close-knit Merchandising team, you will report to th...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?