2 weeks ago
Operations Planning Manager
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Operations Planning Manager
£40,000 - £50,000 plus benefits
My client is a designing, manufacturing, and distributing party products, Amscan leads the way. With over 70 years' experience we bring exciting, innovative ranges for all occasions to more than 40,000 retailers around the world. At Amscan we pride ourselves on offering great products at competitive prices, combined with expert advice. We provide a One Stop Shop solution across the three main categories of party, balloons and costumes totalling over 25'000 products in the UK.
- Engagement and collaboration between teams for sales forecasts, demand planning, Inventory and Logistics- this is across all the UK based business units
- To use data analytics, data manipulation and data sharing across all the related functions (as above)
- Provide direction to the Logistics Leadership team in ways to use reports and information for optimal planning and execution
- Monitor trends on slow moving items and advise disposition /potential markdown, removal from primary picking areas
- Provide the key information on items for order picking in the relevant warehouse zones dependent upon product characteristics and forecast cubic velocity. This includes the Autostore and 'out of zone' areas and includes bin sizing within all areas
- Work across all teams to ensure the seasonal demand and planning for locating of products is at the optimal level for service delivery and efficiency in material flows and to move products post season
- Continuously identify products for relocating to ease material flows between the two main picking zones
- Develop resource planning models for daily, weekly, and monthly warehouse labour scheduling, covering all activities and agreed metrics
- Lead operations to ensure master data on items and associated data integrity is 100% compliant
- Recommend best practice and methodology for goods receiving and put away, and stock replenishment to primary locations
- Develop standard reporting models to support the Logistics Leadership team covering KPI for all operational areas
- Continuously review ways to aid efficiency, add value and reduce costs as well as supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage specified projects, ensuring target dates and performance criteria are achieved.
- Participate in physical inventory count and reconciliation annually
- Develop an environment of mutual respect that upholds and promotes the company values, and positive cultural behaviours.
- To actively promote health and safety (H&S) standards and make a positive contribution to improving standards.
- The above list of tasks is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to take on additional tasks as and when required by the company.
- 5 years demonstrable experience of a previous analytical or planning role based within distribution or manufacturing environment
- Advanced level of IT skills, particularly in relation to Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite
- ILM level 3 - Advantageous
- Six Sigma, black belt- advantageous
- Qualification in mathematics or similar statistical/analytical
My client provides a One Stop Shop solution across the three main categories of party, balloons and costumes totalling over 25'000 products in the UK.
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Order Processing Administrator
Role Title Order Processing Administrator Location Basildon, Essex Role Profile You should have well-honed administrative and organisational skills and prior experience of sales order processing in e-commerce with Linnworks and inventory management. You s...
Material Planning & Logistics Team Leader
Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £40000.00 per annum Benefits
Material Planning and Logistics Team leader, Aston, £40,000 per Annum. BenefitsDo you want the opportunity to work for a global business with a real family feel? We are currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for an MP&L Team leader. You'll manage ...
Site Manager - Logistics
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Site Manager Carlisle £50,000 - £60,000 Benefits Cast have partnered with market leading Logistics business based in Carlisle, who are looking to strengthen its senior management team with the recruitment of an experienced site manager. As the Site Man...
Head of Country - Italy
€100000 - €130000 per annum Stock options
Role Title Head of Country - Italy Location Milan or Rome, Italy Role Profile My client is an exciting Tech/Logistics company with ambitious plans to grow across Italy. If you have a background within a Logistics/Warehouse setting and want to work in a h...
Head of Country - Germany
Role Title Head of Country - Germany Location Germany Role Profile My client is an exciting Tech/Logistics company with ambitious plans to grow across Germany. If you have a background within a Logistics/Warehouse setting and want to work in a high-growt...
Project Manager - Logistics
£200 - £225 per day
Project Manager - Logistics Co-ordinator (Interim) Feltham Area £200 - £225 Day Rate Role Profile This temporary position is for a minimum of 6 months. Based in Feltham Area, Cast UK's client is looking to strengthen its Logistics team with the recruitme...
£30000 - £37000 per annum plus excellent bonus and benefits
Job Role Logistics Coordinator Location Wellingborough Salary £30,000 - £37,000 plus benefits and bonus Role Profile Cast UK are supporting our client, who is a leading technology company that are looking to recruit a Logistics Coordinator. positive and ...
Supply Chain & Logistics Co-Ordinator
Supply Chain & Logistics Co-Ordinator - Crewe - Competitive Salary Benefits WE NEED YOU A Supply Chain & Logistics Co-ordinator with exceptional organisation and communication skills, with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment. Who y...
£27000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
Logistics Planner, Wellingborough, £27,000 - £33,000 Benefits Are you looking for a new opportunity working for a well-established FMCG business? Are you looking to join a business that could help you learn new skills and really expand your knowledge?...
Logistics Co-ordinator (12 month FTC)
Logistics Co-ordinator (12-month FTC) Crewe £ Competitive Salary Role Profile Our client is a highly successful manufacturing business with a site based in Crewe. They are currently looking to appoint a Logistics Coordinator to support their establishe...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?