1 week ago
£40000.00 - £50000 per annum
Engineering & Manufacturing
c . £40,000 - £50,000 Benefits
Fantastic opportunity to develop & manage a world class Procurement function that is responsible for ensuring all demands for products and services are met in an efficient and most cost-effective manner. Building a strong team and supplier base with agreed service levels taking into consideration lead times and inventory levels.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own Supplier relationships on behalf of the business and negotiate expected Service Level Agreements including but not limited to; Pricing, Rebates, Lead Times; Warranties; NDAs, Freight costs etc
- Lead Quarterly Supplier Reviews to develop business opportunities; Review what is / is not working and expand / reduce working with suppliers.
- Lead Supplier Audit activity as part of Right First Time Culture within Supply Chain
- Look at areas of supply risk and eliminate (single source material, critical suppliers, etc.) review Make versus Buy strategy.
- Keep up to date with market pricing and ensure the business is using latest pricings (materials, etc.)
- New ideas - support 'doing things differently' with input from suppliers.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years working within a purchasing environment ideally within an engineering environment
- Working knowledge of SAP preferable but training can/will be provided if necessary
- A good solid engineering knowledge base gained by working in an Engineering environment
Growing engineering operation supporting exciting and complex projects globally
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum Benefits
Buyer, Milnthorpe, £35,000 - £45,000 DoE Benefits Are you looking for new opportunity working for an innovative and exciting company? Somewhere you can work alongside and learn from a people-centric management team that are always striving to be better?...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?