Nov 25, 2022
Our work with Reynolds Catering
Established in 1945, William Reynolds set up a fruit and veg stall at the Ridley Road Market in Hackney. William’s ambition was to supply his customers with the very best fresh produce, an ambition that is lived today through his grandson Tony.
Today Reynolds Catering operates across the UK, with next-day deliveries nationally. They work with many prestigious restaurants and also in the education & care sector, operating from 7 locations nationally. In recent years Reynolds Catering have also expanded to include Carnivore, Soal, Davins and Solstice.
Having worked with Reynolds on an ad hoc basis previously, Reynolds moved to our CAST+ recruitment solution after the pandemic. This was really beneficial for them as their subsidiary businesses were recruiting and CAST+ allowed Reynolds Head Office to participate while the hiring managers directly managed their own processes.
After a number of successful assignments, Reynolds decided to move to our CASTTalent solution for multiple key hires, which offers reduced fees as well as extended free replacement periods, as well as utilising our video interviewing platform, psychometric testing and employer-branded advertising.
Initially Reynolds were struggling to hire two senior roles, a Head of Insights and Innovation role and a Senior Account Manager position which they had been looking to fill for over 6 months.
- Our CASTTalent Solution including psychometric testing, video interviewing and Reynolds branded advertising helping to both expedite processes and to amplify reach.
- A partnership approach successfully integrated Head Office teams and subsidiary hiring managers.
- Weekly account calls with HR and hiring managers.
- Clear and open relationship with the client to feedback market trends
Our Solution & Benefits
- Our CASTTalent Solution allowed the costs to be spread over a number of months for multiple hires as well as providing longer free replacement periods.
- Employer brand exposure through the marketing campaign via our extensive industry networks
- Dedicated consultants in the CAST team that understood the client’s culture, ambitions and requirements (including soft skills) meaning roles were filled at speed and with quality.
- We conducted all video interviews, testing and branding for both Reynolds and involved subsidiaries. (Subsidiaries managed their own 2nd stage interviews)
- Roles that had been open for 3-6 months were turned around within 6 weeks
Reynold’s initial CASTTalent project was delivered OTIF which resulted in them signing up for a second project for more operationally focused hires. Roles placed to date include;
- Head of Insight & Innovation – The successful candidate has 20 years of experience working with international brands. Process timescale: 8 weeks
- Senior National Account Manager (client had been looking for 6 months) Offered immediately after candidate’s final interview. Originally placed candidate was so good they were immediately placed into an elevated position and Reynolds then employed another candidate from our shortlist.
- Internal Recruiter - offer made in 2.5 weeks
- Senior National Account Manager – offer made in 4 weeks
- Operations Manager – offer made in 3 weeks
What Reynolds say about us
CAST has, for some time now, been my recruitment consultancy of choice for roles across all functions of our busy, fast-paced operation.
With specialist support in relevant areas, Anthony and his team have taken the time to understand our job specifications, our people needs and even more importantly, our company culture. This has definitely helped to ensure the candidates submitted are the right fit for our business long term.
CASTTalent has been a great outsourced solution, providing essential features that has saved me and our very busy hiring managers valuable time, not having to undertake all the advertising hassles and initial shortlisting process that usually comes with recruitment. This has certainly provided us with a cost-effective solution to our recruitment needs.
The team at CAST are super-helpful, they provide an honest, open service making our recruitment needs their priority because they want to fill our roles with the best candidates.
I would 100% recommend CAST to any business.
Sarah Renshaw - Group Head of HR