2 weeks ago
£Competitive Excellent Benefits
Lockhart Catering Equipment specialise in supplying high calibre and unique products through their superior brands, providing customers with innovation, inspiration, and differentiation. A trading division of Bunzl UK Ltd, Lockhart Catering Equipment are one of the world's finest suppliers of quality catering equipment and clothing. They are renowned for being a prestigious brand which is associated with the top catering and leisure establishments across the country.
As the exclusive recruitment partner for Bunzl Catering, Cast UK are leading the search for a Buyer to be based at their office in Theale. The incumbent to this role will be responsible for reviewing product and product sub-categories within the non-food disposable portfolio, conferring with suppliers and other key stakeholders to ensure the right product at the right price. Evaluating commercial offers, customer tender support, product inventories, the essential tasks also involve category management, determining customer demand, analysing quotes and bids for suitability, cost reduction, product availability, evaluating samples, products and services & Presentation of category plans to senior management.
- Category Management
- Developing category plans (immediate, mid and long term)
- Identifying new products to meet market trends and review existing product portfolios
- Assessing new suppliers both financial and operational suitability to meet Bunzl expectations and standards
- Negotiating prices & trading agreements
- Interpreting reports and predicting future sales
- Regular meetings with existing suppliers to manage the category.
- Support sales team in tender opportunities and recruitment of new customers
- Aiding in delivering operational efficiencies
- Aiding Stock control
- Product benchmarking and tendering.
- Focused to achieve targets, budgets and results. Make the most of all opportunities with the aim to achieve budget as an individual and part of a team by following quotes through to product selection by delivering best possible prices to our sales teams.
- Reduce COGS.
Skills & Experience
- Display a keen interest in product integrity
- Experience of working within an FMCG environment preferably within the food industry
- Display an interest in the UK food market, keeping up to date with market trends
- Ability to negotiate complex contracts
£Competitive Excellent Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com.
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Procurement Associate - London
Indirect Procurement Specialist - London Competitive salary benefits What's in it for you? Opportunity to work in a team within one of the most exciting and fastest growing companies globally. Bright people, caring managers, interesting work, learning ...
Birmingham, West Midlands
£28000 - £32000 per annum CIPS / Hybrid Working
Role Title Buyer Birmingham £28,000 - £32,000 CIPS Support Hybrid Working Role Profile Our client is a leading manufacturing business in the Birmingham area looking to appoint a Buyer into their busy Purchasing team to manage specific catego...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?