2 weeks ago
Category Manager £45,000 - £55,000 - Greater Manchester
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum Benefits
Category Manager, 9-12 Month FTC, £45,000 - £55,000 Benefits
Our client is a FTSE 250 national name with sites across the UK. Due to business growth, they are looking for a Category Manager to join their team in Stockport, you will be covering the engineering spend therefore a background working in this category would be beneficial but is not essential. The role is Monday to Friday, with flexible hours and the opportunity to work from home 3 days per week.
- Define, implement, and deliver a strategic procurement plan.
- Assume commercial responsibility for the engineering category spend, securing best value and maximising economies of scale from supplier expenditure
- Build strong relationships with suppliers to manage contracts and performance
- Manage risk in relation to procurement and supplier activity, identifying supplier risk areas, quantifying risk exposure, and executing risk mitigation actions
- Manage and influence key internal stakeholders within the business
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines by adoption of the best-in-class procurement practices
What we need from you:
- Proven track record of managing procurement categories in a large multi-site business
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and manage expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Commercially focused experience with evidence of maximising value for money and cost reduction.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of situations.
- CIPS - MCIPS qualification would be desirable.
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?