Head of Category Management - Indirects
London - Flexible working
£120,000 - £150,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Are you looking for a new challenging role on a global scale?
Are you looking to make a significant difference in a business and the key elements of a business's strategies and sustainability?
An outstanding opportunity to initiate and develop end to end strategy for indirect spend across multiple countries for this global manufacturing business. Areas of focus will include energy & Water, MRO, HR, FM, IT and Logistics amongst others. Hugely influential and exciting role giving the opportunity to demonstrate value across a global operation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the global indirects spend portfolio, delivering on key business goals
- Provide visible leadership and motivation to a multifaceted global team.
- Accountable for ensuring category strategies, supplier selection criteria and agreements
- Initiate and execute vendor rationalisation plan(s) to optimize existing vendors to deliver cost reduction, supply assurance, quality improvement, innovation and increased vendor utility
- Monitor and action results through performance targets & regular supplier and stakeholder reviews/workshops to optimise performance.
- Set and report monthly KPI to demonstrate delivery of core procurement strategies.
- Proactively collaborate with business partners and stakeholders to lead contract negotiation with suppliers; develop negotiation approaches, and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify key benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements
- Work collaboratively within cross-functional teams ensuring procurement input supports the overall needs of the Business.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant strategic purchasing experience within a broad Indirect Category knowledge, ideally from a Energy or Water environment
- Managed significant budgets and spend
- Exceptional negotiation skills and commercial acumen
- Proven track record in delivering cost savings across a global network
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Management in a global context
Our client is a Global manufacturing business
£120,000 - £150,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Flexible Working
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Operations Key Account Manager
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum plus benefits
Help the Ukraine Response Effort with this amazing job! I'm working with a not-for-profit to find an Operational Key Account Manager to help the humanitarian effort for the Ukrainian crisis. If you have logistics and/or freight experience and are availabl...
Managing Director London £competitive salary & benefits Role Profile We are partnering one of the leading courier businesses in the UK offering 24/7, time, temperature and security critical distribution services in the search of an outstanding Managi...
Warehouse Manager (Mandarin Speaking)
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum Benefits
Warehouse & Project Manager Beckton £40,000 - £45,000 Benefits Cast have partnered with Tian Tian Market a East Asian & South East Asian Supermarket business based in Beckton, who are looking to strengthen its senior management team with the recruitment...
Franchise Development Associate - Germany
€35000.00 - €45000.00 per annum Excellent benefits
Franchise Development Associate - Germany €35,000 - €45,000 Benefits What's in it for you? Opportunity to join a team within one of the most exciting and fastest growing companies within Europe as it scales up across Germany and beyond! Bright people, c...
Credit Controller Enfield £Competitive Role Profile Cast UK are working in partnership with Tri-Star Packaging, the UK's leading food-to-go packaging supplier. Part of Bunzl PLC, who are a FTSE 100 business, the companies are seeing continued growth acr...
Transport Shift Manager
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum Bonus
Transport Shift Manager Hemel Hempstead £33,000 - £35,000 Role Profile Based in Hemel Hempstead, Cast UK's client is looking to strengthen its senior management team with the recruitment of an experienced Transport Shift Manager. In this role, you will ...
Key Accounts Manager
Oldham, Greater Manchester
£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
Account Manager, Trafford Park, Manchester, £20,000 - £25,000 Benefits Role Profile Cast UK is currently recruiting for an experienced Account Manager for a rapidly growing wholesale business. As an Account Manager you will be managing and growing key a...
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum Benefits
Facilities Manager, Stoke-On-Trent, £50,000 - £55,000 Benefits"Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together."As stated by James Cash Penney, and if these words resonate with you, look no further…I'm working with a brillian...
North West England
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Procurement Consultant North-West, with flexible / home working £50,000 - £55,000 Excellent Benefits Role Profile My North-West based client is looking to recruit a talented Procurement professional to undertake an exciting senior Procurement opportun...
Operations Manager - Nights
Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Warehouse Operations Manager - Night Shift Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire £50,000 - £55,000 Role Profile Cast UK are working exclusively with one of our exciting partners, who are a fast-paced, well-established organisation. Their contacts stretch across ...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?