1 month ago
City of London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum Bonus
£80,000 - £85,000
Cast UK are delighted to have partnered with a textile specialist as they look to strengthen and add to their management team as an interim Operations Director.
As Operations Director you will have overall accountability for all aspects of the operations department, as well as active participation in the definition and implementation of the business strategy as part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Accountable for the 3 functions within the department (Supply Chain, Quality and Projects), managing the day-to-day workload and supporting the wider business from an operations perspective.
- Focus on operational improvements, planning for the future and looking at process changes that will benefit the business.
- Co-ordinate outputs from the team, ensuring reports work seamlessly to achieve department goals.
- Lead department meetings and provide information as appropriate to keep team up-to-date and engaged in the wider business.
- Direct the negotiation of repeat customer contracts, including agreement on pricing (with support from the MD), stock holding and delivery schedules, to achieve a profitable and stable core business.
- Set sourcing direction for the business which balances commercial requirements with social and environmental priorities and oversee its appropriate implementation.
- Direct the implementation of new projects, ensuring timely developments that meet customers expectations for cost, time and quality.
- Oversee the implementation and regular review of quality management systems by the Head of Quality, ensuring these meet current and future business needs.
- Set business standards for supplier due diligence which gives the business reassurance that ethical and environmental standards are being prioritised in sourcing and purchasing.
Our client is a well established textiles specialist
£80,000 - £85,000
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?