£Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Bunzl Catering Supplies, part of the Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division, is the leading distributor of disposables, packaging and hygiene solutions to the hospitality and catering sectors in the UK. Delivering to a variety of customers in both the private and public sector from small independent cafe owners, local health trusts and schools to national hotel and restaurant chains.
As the exclusive recruitment partner for Bunzl Catering, Cast UK are leading the search for a Transport Supervisor based at their prestigious Manchester depot. The incumbent to this role will take responsibility for the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the branch, whilst managing the drivers and taking charge of every transportation item. The role requires a person who strives to be a perfectionist and who can work in a specialist or technical area of expertise.
- Assist with the Management of fleet maintenance of circa 24 vehicles in line with leasing providers recommendations and operator licence obligations and local providers.
- Direct the activities of staff in relation to transport operations including dispatching, tracking and debrief.
- Ensure that staff comply with policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations
- Coach, train, manage the performance of drivers
- Contribute to the planning, development and organisation of the transport department.
- Organising vehicle replacements where necessary
- Liaising with Local agency providers when needed
- Ensure all vehicles and drivers conform to relevant health and safety and Road Traffic legislation
- Ensure route planning and vehicle loading is appropriate and suggest improvements where possible to the Transport Planning team.
- Ensure OTIF (On time in full) is met and that all deliveries are executed as per the customer requirements
- Direct the effectiveness of private, third party and contract carriage systems
- Contribute to the development and communication of transport policies and procedures
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the transport operations
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a logistics environment.
- Experience with a multidrop fleet of primarily Vans and 7.5t vehicles advantageous.
- Digital Tachograph knowledge
- Competent in Microsoft Office products, XL and Stock software programs
- Previous experience of Microlise, Sage, Ortec and Vision advantageous
- Ability to influence others
- Management CPC is desirable, however this can be provided at a later date if needed.
£Competitive + Excellent Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Operations Key Account Manager
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum plus benefits
Help the Ukraine Response Effort with this amazing job! I'm working with a not-for-profit to find an Operational Key Account Manager to help the humanitarian effort for the Ukrainian crisis. If you have logistics and/or freight experience and are availabl...
Managing Director London £competitive salary & benefits Role Profile We are partnering one of the leading courier businesses in the UK offering 24/7, time, temperature and security critical distribution services in the search of an outstanding Managi...
Warehouse Manager (Mandarin Speaking)
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum Benefits
Warehouse & Project Manager Beckton £40,000 - £45,000 Benefits Cast have partnered with Tian Tian Market a East Asian & South East Asian Supermarket business based in Beckton, who are looking to strengthen its senior management team with the recruitment...
Franchise Development Associate - Germany
€35000.00 - €45000.00 per annum Excellent benefits
Franchise Development Associate - Germany €35,000 - €45,000 Benefits What's in it for you? Opportunity to join a team within one of the most exciting and fastest growing companies within Europe as it scales up across Germany and beyond! Bright people, c...
Credit Controller Enfield £Competitive Role Profile Cast UK are working in partnership with Tri-Star Packaging, the UK's leading food-to-go packaging supplier. Part of Bunzl PLC, who are a FTSE 100 business, the companies are seeing continued growth acr...
Transport Shift Manager
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum Bonus
Transport Shift Manager Hemel Hempstead £33,000 - £35,000 Role Profile Based in Hemel Hempstead, Cast UK's client is looking to strengthen its senior management team with the recruitment of an experienced Transport Shift Manager. In this role, you will ...
Key Accounts Manager
Oldham, Greater Manchester
£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
Account Manager, Trafford Park, Manchester, £20,000 - £25,000 Benefits Role Profile Cast UK is currently recruiting for an experienced Account Manager for a rapidly growing wholesale business. As an Account Manager you will be managing and growing key a...
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum Benefits
Facilities Manager, Stoke-On-Trent, £50,000 - £55,000 Benefits"Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together."As stated by James Cash Penney, and if these words resonate with you, look no further…I'm working with a brillian...
North West England
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Procurement Consultant North-West, with flexible / home working £50,000 - £55,000 Excellent Benefits Role Profile My North-West based client is looking to recruit a talented Procurement professional to undertake an exciting senior Procurement opportun...
Operations Manager - Nights
Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Warehouse Operations Manager - Night Shift Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire £50,000 - £55,000 Role Profile Cast UK are working exclusively with one of our exciting partners, who are a fast-paced, well-established organisation. Their contacts stretch across ...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?