2 weeks ago
Buyer - FMCG / Manufacturing experience
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£25000 - £30000 per annum
Buyer (FMCG / Manufacturing)
£25,000 - £30,000
Are you eager to further develop your procurement career by taking on a more strategic procurement role?!
Working for a thriving manufacturing business, this role will give you the chance to take ownership of your own portfolio of products/materials and suppliers.
Whether you already have some strategic procurement experience under your belt, or you are looking to step in a more strategic role for the first time, this could be the career move you have been waiting for!
- Researching and sourcing products in line with company strategy
- Providing procurement support to enable NPD and innovation
- Running tenders and negotiating pricing and commercial terms with suppliers
- Building value-adding supplier relationships with key suppliers
- Delivering savings and cost downs
Why should I apply?
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established business which continues to thrive
- Enjoy autonomy and responsibility in a strategic procurement role where you will make a real impact to the business
- Great opportunities for career progression and professional development
- Flexible/hybrid working arrangements
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a purchasing or procurement role
- Exposure to fast paced manufacturing environments, ideally FMCG
- Strategic mindset with a desire to add value through effective sourcing and procurement strategy
- Strong commercial acumen and confident negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills, ideally with Intermediate or Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Drive and ambition to further develop a career in Procurement
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Up to £28000.00 per annum Benefits & Bonus
Buyer, Burton Latimer, £28,000 Benefits Are you looking for your next challenge? For a multi-national group whose steady and substantial growth is both organic but also via acquisition. Do you want to work for an industry leader within their market. If ...
Procurement Director, FMCG
£75000 - £85000 per annum Excellent Benefits, Hybrid Working
Procurement Director (FMCG) West Yorkshire £80,000, depending on experience Do you have the energy, drive and passion to lead a developing Procurement function within a forward-thinking and modern SME? This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior...
Buying Assistant Epsom - Hybrid working £Competitive Excellent Benefits Role Profile Bunzl Catering Supplies, part of the Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division, is the leading distributor of disposables, packaging and hygiene solutions to the hospital...
Buyer Theale £Competitive Excellent Benefits Role Profile Lockhart Catering Equipment specialise in supplying high calibre and unique products through their superior brands, providing customers with innovation, inspiration, and differentiation. A trad...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?