About Joe Davies
Joe Davies is a successful long-established family business specialising in the import and distribution of giftware to independent retailers nationwide. The Company operates from its own distribution facilities based in Stockport with a turnover in excess of £15 million.
The business distributes a wide product range of over 10,000 items across multiple gift categories.
As part of its long-term succession plan, Joe Davies is looking to appoint a Buying Director to take ownership of all buying for the business. Reporting into the Managing Director, you will take responsibility for buying the Company's wide product range leading a small professional team.
- Buy the product required to maintain, grow and achieve required sales and profit figures
- Develop, source and buy new ranges of gift products across various categories.
- Product range planning and discontinuation of non-performing products.
- Develop strong relationships with the sales and management team to deliver a range that meets the needs of both customers and the business.
- Manage and develop relationships with the Company's factories, suppliers and agents to deliver the product required, to the standard required, whilst maintaining stock availability.
- Maintain a healthy control on stock levels.
- Manage, lead and guide a small and experienced team.
- Contribute to the future direction of the Business.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- An eye for product, with the ability to make the required changes to make a line commercial
- A proven track record in taking ownership for developing, buying and putting together a range of comparable products
- Significant experience of hands-on development with factories in the Far East and a commitment to travel. Extensive Far East travel is required for the role (approx. 25%)
- Strong commercial instinct with a hard-working, self-motivated approach
- The willingness to get deeply involved in the day to day buying for the business
Competitive Salary + Benefits, with an opportunity to become a Board Member in the future
Cast UK are managing this assignment on behalf of Joe Davies. All third-party applications will be forwarded to Cast UK for review. Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board.
Have any questions?
You might also be interested in these…
Dukinfield, Greater Manchester
Up to £26750.00 per annum Benefits
Transport Supervisor, Dukinfield, £26,750 Benefits Are you looking for a new opportunity working for a well-established Manufacturing business? Are you looking to join a business that could help you learn new skills and really expand your knowledge? If...
Logistics Officer - £25,000 - £30,000
Halifax, West Yorkshire
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
Logistics Officer - Halifax - £25,000 - £30,000 WE NEED YOU Who you'll be working for: My client is one of the worlds leading manufacturers and suppliers of event supplies including staging and engineered solutions who have a global network of clients. W...
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Digital Analyst - Luton, Bedfordshire £40,000 - £45,000 Benefits Company Profile With millions of visitors to our digital sales channels every day, easyJet is one of the UK's leading digital businesses. easyJet has an ambition of being the world's lea...
Quality Health and Safety Associate - Paris
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Quality Health and Safety Associate Paris - France €45,000 - €50,000 Role Profile Are you an experienced Health and Safety officer within the logistics industry? Do you have experience in Warehouse HSE Processes? Are you bilingual (French & English)? ...
Rochdale, Greater Manchester
£28000 - £32000 per annum
Merchandiser - £28,000 - £32,000 - Rochdale WE NEED YOU Who you'll be working for: My client is an established and growing company with both a retail and ecommerce presence. Working as part of a close-knit Merchandising team, you will report to the Senio...
£35000.00 - £45000 per annum plus excellent bonus and benefits
Role Title PPC Specialist Location Luton Salary £35,000 - £45,000 plus benefits Role Profile My client is named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. They are l...
Up to £35000 per annum
Transport Planner, Oldham, £35,000 Benefits Are you looking for a new opportunity working for a well-established FMCG business? Are you looking to join a business that could help you learn new skills and really expand your knowledge? If so, this role co...
Customer Care Representative
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
£30000 - £32000 per annum bonus Benefits
Customer Care Representative, Ellesmere Port, £32,000 BenefitsWE NEED YOU!An experienced logistics professional to help build customer relationships and assist with the safe and legal movement of goods for a global manufacturing business. You'll be mana...
Contracts Specialist (6-12-month FTC)
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum Benefits
Contracts Specialist (6-12-Months FTC), Greater Manchester, £45,000 - £55,000 Do you want to work for a FTSE 250 business, the largest operation in their field? They're a household name with a foothold across the UK. Are you experienced in drafting and ...
Quality Engineer (12 month FTC)
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Quality Engineer - 12 month FTC Keighley £ Competitive Salary Are you an experienced Quality Engineer available to undertake a 12 month fixed term contract in the Keighley area This is a great opportunity to gain experience working for an establishe...
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?