1 month ago
Bunzl Catering Supplies, part of the Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division, is the leading distributor of disposables, packaging and hygiene solutions to the hospitality and catering sectors in the UK. Delivering to a variety of different customers in both the private and public sector from small independent cafe owners, local health trusts and schools to national hotel and restaurant chains.
We are currently recruiting a Warehouse Manager for their prestigious NDC site, based in Tamworth, who will report into the NDC Manager, managing the day-to-day operation of a goods inwards, replenishment and despatch. This key position for Bunzl requires an experienced, dynamic Warehouse Manager who can lead a team in a fast-paced operation.
- Line management for 4 Warehouse Supervisors, and a team of up to 50 warehouse operatives.
- Lead, develop and motivate your team to ensure delivery of performance requirements in with Bunzl's expectations.
- Introduction of processes, procedures and KPI's to ensure the site is managed effectively.
- Ensure effective communication with onsite transport team and other sites within the Bunzl Catering network.
- Manage and maintain the company's stock inventory through robust implementation of core processes.
- Lead, develop and motivate employees ensuring delivery of performance requirements in line with accountability, role and responsibility. Conduct annual appraisals/regular 1-2-1 meetings with warehouse colleagues.
- Create and maintain an environment in which employees feel motivated to do their best work and empowered to make decisions relevant to their area of responsibility.
Skills & Experience
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within the business
- Ability to build, lead and motivate a skilled team able to meet objectives and agreed targets - able to coach, but give a kick when needed
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and a knowledge of warehouse systems
- Must have the operational and commercial experience to challenge the status quo to further drive CI
Remuneration and Benefits
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays, with an option to buy up to 5 more days)
- Bunzl Share Save option
- Life Cover (3 times Gross Salary)
- Bunzl Personal Pension Plan (up to 5% contributed
- Option to join Bunzl HSF Healthcare Plan
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?