1 month ago
Warehouse Night Shift Manager
Warehouse Night Shift Manager
Bunzl Catering Supplies, part of the Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division, is the leading distributor of disposables, packaging and hygiene solutions to the hospitality and catering sectors in the UK. Delivering to a variety of different customers in both the private and public sector from small independent cafe owners, local health trusts and schools to national hotel and restaurant chains.
We are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Night Shift Manager into our impressive NDC operation. Due to continued company growth, this role will lead the Nights operation acting as the most senior individual whilst on shift.
Working shift pattern - Sunday - Thursday
- Line management for 2 direct reports, and a team of up to 30 warehouse operatives.
- Lead, develop and motivate the team to ensure delivery of performance requirements in with Bunzl's expectations.
- Communication of KPI's to the wider team
- Be responsible for the strict process management throughout the teams
- Ensure effective communication with the onsite transport team and other sites within the Bunzl Catering network.
- Manage headcount and responsible for Absences
- Lead, develop and motivate employees ensuring delivery of performance requirements in line with accountability, role and responsibility.
- Full site Health and Safety control
- Create and maintain an environment in which employees feel motivated to do their best work and empowered to make decisions relevant to their area of responsibility.
Skills & Experience
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within the business
- Managed large teams of 30 personnel
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and knowledge of warehouse systems
- Must have the operational and commercial experience to challenge the status quo to further drive CI
Remuneration and Benefits
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays, with an option to buy up to 5 more days)
- Bunzl Share Save option
- Life Cover (3 times Gross Salary)
- Bunzl Personal Pension Plan (up to 5% contributed
- Option to join Bunzl HSF Healthcare Plan
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?