2 weeks ago
Birmingham, West Midlands
£Competitive Car Excellent Benefits
Bunzl Catering Supplies, part of the Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division, is the leading distributor of disposables, packaging and hygiene solutions to the hospitality and catering sectors in the UK. Delivering to a variety of different customers in both the private and public sector from small independent cafe owners, local health trusts and schools to national hotel and restaurant chains.
As the exclusive recruitment partner for the Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division, Cast UK is leading the search for a Regional HR Manager for their Northern/Midlands region, with the 2 main sites being located in Manchester and Tamworth. The incumbent to this role will take responsibility for providing high-quality customer service through generalist day-to-day operational HR advice and support, to all employees and managers, within the designated region and in accordance with Bunzl HR policies.
- Partnering with commercial operations in developing and delivering a range of people-based strategies and solutions to attract, retain and develop a flexible, high-calibre workforce focused on business growth and the provision of excellent customer service
- Ensuring effective resourcing to meet business needs, including the planning, mapping and growth of internal talent
- Provision of induction and other appropriate training programs/ workshops for employees/line managers based on a needs analysis.
- Driving high operational standards by ensuring effective performance management and development
- Drive staff engagement by ensuring good people management practices and providing assistance, support and advice to Operational Business Leaders
- Support line managers in developing good communication, including regular face-to-face communication.
- Implement robust processes for managing appraisals, grievances, performance, conduct and attendance.
- Support the Management team with agreed formal methods of communication/ information and consultation arrangements
- Participate in Group HR meetings to develop the professionalism of HR.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment law and its application
- Build a visible and regular presence of HR to maintain and deliver the HR strategy plan
- Effectively manage the potential cost to the company of any employment decisions including terminations/redundancies.
- Participation in the pay review process.
Skills & Experience
- Member of the CIPD.
- Proven HR expertise at an operational level, preferably within a warehouse and distribution environment.
- Proven experience in delivering organisational and structural change.
- Proven track record of delivering service in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and managing a high volume of activity.
- Self-Starter, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in all areas of employment law.
£Competitive Car Excellent Benefits
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?