2 months ago
£48000.00 - £51000.00 per annum Benefits
£48,00 - £51,000 Benefits
Based in Stevenage Area, Cast UK's client is looking to strengthen its Logistics team with the recruitment of a Senior Logistics Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the transportation, distribution and associated activities to achieve business KPI's, to quality service levels & business goals and promoting a team-based culture. To be achieved through continuous improvement, effective process management, data analysis and leadership.
- Lead and manage the design, implementation and development of effective transportation and distribution processes.
- Create plans for delivering the day to day activities and the longer-term objectives
- Ensure operating procedures meet quality requirements
- Prepare detailed reports
- Perform daily analysis to predict potential future delivery problems
- Managing and analysing 3rd party carrier performance
- Identify and resolve barriers and problems to drive continuous improvement
- Utilise transport planning and tracking software
- Work with the other functional managers to ensure that the development and deployment of resource improves the delivery proposition to the Member.
- Drive quality of performance
- Implement initiatives to create a distribution team that encourages inclusion and develops its people.
- Maintain effective use of materials & machinery to avoid waste and unnecessary expenditure.
- Create and maintain a close relationship with the customer care function.
- Develop & maintain strong communication channels with all stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years logistics industry experience of which at least 3 in line management.
- ILT Level 4 Diploma in Logistics and Transport (or similar) preferred
- CPC Licence (Preferred)
My client is leading distribution business based in the UK.
£48,00 - £51,000 Benefits
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit www.castuk.com
Have any questions?
We’re here to help
Whether you are a client or a candidate, getting to know you helps us to understand and anticipate your needs. Why not get in touch and see just what we can do for you today?